Wednesday 7 March 2018

Accenture Hour of Code

Our Trip to Accenture

Today a group of us went on a trip to Accenture for our ICT Trip.When we arrived we had a few snacks before we got introduced.  For the rest of our trip we stayed in a room called Atutahi and in that room we played our coding games and learned more about Hour Of Code. We got introduced to Karl (main Presenter), Dan, Dimple,  Sid (Tech Pro), Breahna, Mark (Virtual Reality) & Emma.  We also had the chance to introduce ourselves following with this question "What do you want to do after school?".

Later on we were on a Skype call with Timoti.  He introduced himself and told us many things of what he did during his journey of being in a cool company like this. He was in Sydney for a conference which was why he couldn't make it for us to meet him in person.We also found out something so cool about him is that he said a speech in front of two thousand people which from my opinion that's pretty cool.

While we were playing our code games, some of us were able to go into the Mclaren Room where we played games using Samsung 8 glasses thing. I enjoyed it and honestly I would love to go back and have another experience so that I could learn more things then the basics. I honestly enjoyed my time at Accenture. Did you know that the word "Accenture" comes from the two words Accent and Future? I was pretty shocked when I heard about the 2 combinations.Thanks to those tutors for having us there for most of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment